Your bridge has been nothing but beneficial to you. First of all, it covers the vacant spot in your mouth, allowing you to smile, speak, and laugh without fear. Secondly, it greatly enhances your masticatory function, which means you don’t have to go through any trouble in consuming your meals. In addition to that, it’s non-removable, allowing you to keep your teeth in place without having to control your facial muscles or use adhesives. But more importantly, it ensures the stability of your cheeks and remaining natural teeth, making it highly unlikely for you to suffer from premature aging and further tooth loss. Therefore, you should do everything in your power to keep your bridge safe.
Below are some guidelines that you must strictly adhere to in order to protect your bridge:
• Practice good oral hygiene every day. Although your bridge isn’t real, it can still get infected by harmful bacteria. Thus, you need to brush and floss on a daily basis.
• Make a conscious effort to thoroughly clean the teeth that are connected to your bridge. The teeth that are connected to your bridge support it, so you should keep them in perfect shape by thoroughly cleaning them.
• Don’t rely solely on your toothbrush and dental floss in cleaning your bridge. Tooth care devices other than your toothbrush and dental floss such as an oral irrigator or a floss threader give you a much better chance of ridding your bridge of bacteria.
• Control your appetite for hard foods. When you’re unable to abstain from hard foods like nuts, bagels, chips, and pizza crusts, you can make your bridge susceptible to breakage.
• Try not to grind your teeth. This bad habit can cause serious damage to the teeth that are connected to your bridge.
• Schedule regular dental visits. Regularly paying your Plano dentist a visit enables him to inspect your bridge and the rest of your mouth for any issues.
If you seek more guidelines on protecting your bridge, you may see us here at Plano Smile Studio or get in touch with us at (972) 435-6694.